About the Accu-Measure Calipers
The Accu-Measure Fitness 3000 skinfold body fat caliper is an easy to use and very low cost caliper for the measurement of body fat percent.
This is a very basic caliper (hence the price), but it surprisingly gives quite repeatable and accurate measurements when used correctly (see studies). Its small lightweight size makes it suitable for taking your own skinfold measurements in the privacy of your home (see instructions), and there are charts included so you can easily convert these to percent body fat. These calipers are actually designed for self testing, with a small slider on the scale that that stays in place after the measurement is made (see specs).
- spring-loaded arm, with unique locking notch for determining the correct compression level.
- All markings are raised parts of the caliper so that every caliper is identical and consistent in accuracy.
- There are no springs to weaken or pop out, and is quite unbreakable
- easy to hold in your hand for personal measurements.
- scale reads up to 60mm (2.5 inches)
- includes a unique feature of a sliding marker that will remain on the scale after testing each site so that you can check your measurement before resetting it.
- comes with instructions and tables, including recommended body fat charts for men and women.